Mission of FOML
To develop healthy and resilient lakes (namely Brearley, Bungana and Brickworks), along with the surrounding environment (including the Swan River foreshore), to support desirable flora/fauna and preserve the aesthetic amenity for Maylands residents, as well as for visitors.
- Develop a shared ownership with the local community to promote the objectives of the FOML
- Build community support to facilitate recruitment of volunteers to work towards the rehabilitation and preservation of the Maylands lakes and surrounds
- Attract, solicit and retain continuing interest, bequests, gifts and financial support by interested persons, groups, corporations and government bodies towards for the objectives of the FOML
- Liaise with and assist the City of Bayswater in the development and implementation of a Maylands Lakes Management Plan
- Establish and maintain a public fund (funded chiefly from grants), to be called the Maylands Lakes Environment Fund, for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objects/purposes of the Friends of Maylands Lakes Limited